Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ministry of Tiny Successes

Well hello there. Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been sick, out of town and just generally avoiding productivity for the better part of a month, so please forgive me.

My creation


But now that I'm feeling better and back at home, tiny hats are making a comeback. This has been a busy week in the world of small chapeaus, what with my published spread in Spain's H Magazine and my renewed desire to make a tiny-hat living. The series of photographs, taken by Atlanta's own Alex Martinez, features a model wearing a variety of my earliest tiny hat creations. Given my journalism background, there's nothing quite as exciting as seeing the fruits of my labor in print. I have my friend Meghan McNeer to thank for this amazing opportunity, a local photographer who assists Martinez and is passionate about promoting her peers. Meghan is the visionary behind my original tiny hat photos; a truly revolutionary and talented woman. You can view the H Magazine spread here.

In other tiny hat related news, I have been commissioned to make two Irish-themed tiny hats for a Seattle-based play called Keefee's House of Cards. I think gay theatre was the next natural step for Ministry of Tiny Hats, don't you? So excited to see how it all turns out! You can see my first finished hat for the order below.

tiny leprechaun hat


In the pipeline, I have quite a few projects on the horizon, including several tiny hat orders for a friend to sell at her salon as well as belated birthday hats that i keep dropping the ball on. And maybe, if I'm lucky, the lingering book idea that Alex and I keep threatening to pitch. No joke. Watch out, world. here we coooome!

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Gay theatre was MY next natural step!

    Big congrats on the press! With unemployment soaring, luxury brands in panic mode and everyone down in the dumps, the whimsy of a tiny hat is just what the fashion forecaster ordered!

    ReplyDelete